Sunday 1 July 2018

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

Hi again! Two posts in a month?! I think I might be getting back into the swing of things with this blogging and YouTube malarky!

So to kick things off (sorta) I thought that it would be nice to just share a few bits and pieces about what I've been up to in my time off from the internet - I've made this sound like a job!

1. I completed 17 books in 2017.

Now, this doesn't sound like much, but for someone who went between two jobs, had a wedding to plan (albeit very slowly) and just life in general, I think this is pretty good going, as I always aim to try and complete one book a month.

2. Christmas in our first home together!

So if you follow my YouTube videos, or subscribe to my channel - firstly thank you so so much! - you will know that we had Christmas decorations up in our house from mid-November until about 8th January. I'm now over the Christmas hype and the tree will go up in December from now on! All kidding aside, we had a wonderful first Christmas actually living together, full of love, and in hindsight, it was a little bittersweet.

3. I bought a wedding dress!

I say I did, my parents did. Our wedding date is looming ever closer and the excitement is building slowly but surely.

4. I got a new job

I guess this should have been number 2, as it follows nicely from point number one, but one of the reasons my reading slowed right down again is because of my new job. Is it still a new job if you've been in the role 8 months?
I'm absolutely loving the job and really have been lucky with my colleague and team, they're all so wonderful and supportive of eachother!

5. I began reading again

So although technically I never stopped reading (if you see my Goodreads page you will know that I've been reading), it feels like forever since I picked up a book, read it, and then reviewed it almost straight away or in front of a camera. I definitely feel that right now I'm gradually getting back into reading, as I'm constantly carrying a book with me wherever I go, and I've got that feeling back of excitement and wanting to pick up a book and see where it goes.


-

Okay, I think that's enough for now, This post is something I've just sat and written, without giving any thought to it at all, just to see what I can come up with. Hopefully it's enough and will prompt me to write more posts like this one!


Rebecca x

No comments:

Post a Comment