Saturday 14 October 2017

BOOK THOUGHTS || Truthwitch by Susan Dennard

*** please note, this review may contain spoilers***

Summed up in a sentence? "Strong friendship, witchery, and an overwhelming sense of togetherness!”




SYNOPSIS

In a continent on the edge of war, two witches hold its fate in their hands.

Young witches Safiya and Iseult have a habit of finding trouble. After clashing with a powerful Guildmaster and his ruthless Bloodwitch bodyguard, the friends are forced to flee their home.

Safi must avoid capture at all costs as she's a rare Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lies. Many would kill for her magic, so Safi must keep it hidden - lest she be used in the struggle between empires. And Iseult's true powers are hidden even from herself.

In a chance encounter at Court, Safi meets Prince Merik and makes him a reluctant ally. However, his help may not slow down the Bloodwitch now hot on the girls' heels. All Safi and Iseult want is their freedom, but danger lies ahead. With war coming, treaties breaking and a magical contagion sweeping the land, the friends will have to fight emperors and mercenaries alike. For some will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch



MY OPINIONS

I was a little apprehensive going into this novel as I had heard mixed things, but I had no reason to be concerned. This book really surpassed my expectations and blew me away! I absolutely loved the friendship between Safi and Iseult, and the way they were portrayed through the writing in this novel hit the spot. I felt myself getting frustrated, upset, happy, angry and at one point I even cried over their actions. If an author can make me feel this way, they have definitely done their job.

The storlyline kept me hooked and wanting more, I'm so excited to read the second in the sereies when I can get my hands on it.

MY RATING


Overall I am giving this book an amazing four out of five stars. The friendship, world building and storyline had me hooked, and I'm really looking forward to the next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment